Consider Subscribing on YouTube
Would you like to check out our gaming and sometimes educative channel?Let's Go
From Latin specimen (“mark, sign, example”), from speciō (“observe, watch”), from Proto-Italic *spekjō, from Proto-Indo-European *spéḱyeti.
- IPA(key): /ˈspɛsɪmɪn/
specimen (plural specimens or (extremely rare) specimina)
- An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
- early specimens of the art of Picasso
- (numismatics) A banknote printed for distribution to central banks to aid in the recognition of banknotes from a country other than their own
- (philately) A postage stamp sent to postmasters and postal administrations so that they are able to identify valid stamps and to avoid forgeries
- A sample, especially one used for diagnostic analysis.
- (humorous, often preceded with “fine”) An eligible man.