Consider Subscribing on YouTube
Would you like to check out our gaming and sometimes educative channel?Let's Go
Said to be from Ojibwe odaawaa (“traders”)/ᐅᑡᐙ.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɒtəwə/
- (General American, Canada) IPA(key): /ˈɑtəwə/, /ˈɑtəˌwɑ/
- An Algonquian people closely related to the Ojibwe; also spelt Ottowa.
- The Ottawa dialect of Ojibwe; also spelt Odawa or Odaawaa.
- A city in Ontario, Canada; capital city of Canada.
- (by synecdoche, metonymically) The federal government of Canada.
- A river flowing SE between Ontario and Quebec, Canada into the St. Lawrence River.
- A city, the county seat of LaSalle County, Illinois.
- A city, the county seat of Franklin County, Kansas.
- An unincorporated community in Ottawa Township, Le Sueur County, Minnesota.
- A village, the county seat of Putnam County, Ohio.
- A town and unincorporated community in Waukesha County, Wisconsin.
- (capital of Canada): National Capital Region, NCR, Ottawa-Hull, Ottawa-Gatineau (biprovincial metropolitan region)
- (capital of Canada): Hull, Gatineau, Mega-Gatineau (twin city on opposite bank of river)
- Ottawa County
Ottawa (plural Ottawas)
- A member of the Ottawa people.