Consider Subscribing on YouTube
Would you like to check out our gaming and sometimes educative channel?Let's Go
(UK) enPR: chī-nēzʹ, IPA(key): /t͡ʃaɪˈniːz/; (sometimes) enPR: chīʹnēz, IPA(key): /ˈt͡ʃaɪniːz/
(US) enPR: chī’nēzʹ, IPA(key): /ˌt͡ʃaɪˈniz/; (sometimes) enPR: chīʹnēz’, IPA(key): /ˈt͡ʃaɪˌniz/
- (uncountable) Any of several Sinitic languages spoken in China, especially Literary Chinese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Wu, or Min Nan.
- Peter is from Hong Kong and speaks Chinese.
- (uncountable) The class of Sino-Tibetan dialects including Mandarin, Wu, Cantonese, Min Nan, and others.
- Wu and Hakka are lesser-known varieties of Chinese.
- (uncountable) The logographic writing system is shared by this language family.
- Hong Kong uses traditional Chinese.
- (uncountable) Standard Mandarin or Putonghua, the standard variety of Chinese.
- “Nǐ hǎo” means “hello” in Chinese.
- (uncountable, collective) The people of China.
- The Chinese have an incredible history.
- (uncountable, collective) All people of Chinese descent or self-identity
- The Chinese are present in all parts of the world.