Consider Subscribing on YouTube
Would you like to check out our gaming and sometimes educative channel?Let's Go
- IPA(key): /æd/
add (third-person singular simple present adds, present participle adding, simple past and past participle added)
- (transitive) To join or unite (e.g. one thing to another, or as several particulars) so as to increase the number, augment the quantity or enlarge the magnitude, or so as to form into one aggregate.
- To sum up; to put together mentally; to add up.
- to add numbers
- (transitive) To combine elements of (something) into one quantity.
- to add a column of numbers
- (transitive) To give by way of increased possession (to someone); to bestow (on).
- (transitive) To append (e.g. a statement); to say further information; to add on.
- (intransitive) To make an addition; to augment; to increase; to add on.
- It adds to our anxiety.
- (intransitive, mathematics) To perform the arithmetical operation of addition.
- He adds rapidly.
- (intransitive, video games) To summon minions or reinforcements.
- Typically, a hostile mob will add whenever it’s within the aggro radius of a player.
add (plural adds)
- (radio) The addition of a song to a station’s playlist.
- (computer science) An act or instance of adding.
- (video games) An additional enemy that joins a fight after the primary target.
- When the player has fought the boss for one minute, two adds will arrive from the back and must be dealt with.
- We add by bringing things together so as to form a whole.
- We join by putting one thing to another in close or continuous connection.
- We annex by attaching some adjunct to a larger body.
- We unite by bringing things together so that their parts adhere or intermingle.
- Things coalesce by coming together or mingling so as to form one organization.
- To add quantities; to join houses; to annex territory; to unite kingdoms; to make parties coalesce